by Sandy Kirby Quandt
Pilot found this delicious gluten-free sausage-stuffed green peppers recipe at Campbell’s Kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
4 medium green peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
2 cups Tomato, Basil & Garlic Spaghetti Sauce
Pilot used red peppers instead of green. To save time he cooked the sausage mixture the night before. We had rice to go along with the peppers. I mixed my rice and peppers all together. Pilot ate his separately.
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the onion and oregano in the skillet and cook until the onion is tender. Stir in the cheese.
- Arrange the pepper halves, cut-side up, in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Pilot found an 81/2 X 11 casserole worked best. Spoon the sausage mixture into the pepper halves. Pour the sauce over the filled pepper halves. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
If you think others would appreciate reading this, please share it through the social media buttons.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!