by Sandy Kirby Quandt
God is Adonai. Lord and Master. We might know that intellectually, but how have we put it into practice in our lives? Being under a Lord or Master is probably foreign to most of us, yet that does not excuse us from submitting our will and our lives to God and Jesus as our Lord.
In my study of the names of God, I discovered the word Lord indicates a relationship. Because God is the Creator and we are the created, he has the right to possess us and expect our total submission to him as our Lord and Master.
There are responsibilities as well as benefits when we claim God as our Adonai, Lord and Master.
- God provides refuge and is always with us.
- God gives the victory in our battles.
- Jesus redeems us through his blood sacrifice.
- Christ makes us joint heirs with an inheritance in heaven.
- God’s loving kindness is everlasting.
- God supplies what we need to do his will.
- If we call Jesus Lord, then we must do what he tells us to do.
- We must respect and honor who God is and serve him accordingly.
- We willingly submit our will to God’s.
- We have to trust God.
- We are to obey God.
God and Jesus are Lord and Master. We are the servant who seeks to do Adonai’s will. What does that look like in your life?
Leave a comment below to share your thoughts on the subject. If you think others would appreciate reading this, please share it through the social media buttons.
“Why are you so polite with me, always saying ‘Yes, sir,’ and ‘That’s right, sir,’ but never doing a thing I tell you? These words I speak to you are not mere additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundation words, words to build a life on.” Luke 6:46 (MSG)
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!