by Sandy Kirby Quandt
This simple gluten-free Tamale Pie recipe is a cinch to make and very tasty.
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 14 oz can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 11 oz can corn with peppers, drained
- 16 oz package prepared polenta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste,
- 2 oz can sliced black olives, drained
- 1-2 Tbsp chili powder per taste
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the beef and onion for five minutes, or until browned.
Add the tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, corn, olives and chili powder.
Simmer for five minutes, then place in a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
Cut the polenta lengthwise into quarter, then slice across the quarters into wedges 1/4 inch thick. Scatter over the meat and top with the cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and everything’s bubbling.
If you think others would appreciate reading this, please share it through the social media buttons.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Thanks!
[bctt tweet=”Gluten-free Tamale Pie Recipe” username=”SandyKQuandt”]