by Sandy Kirby Quandt
Ready for a nice bowl of gluten-free chicken soup loaded with lots of vegetables? Then have I got the soup for you.
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, skinned and cubed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces (I used frozen, but you can use fresh.)
- 1/2 cup corn (I used frozen, but you can use fresh.)
- 1 cup zucchini, dice
- 1 small red pepper, minced
In a 4 quart stock pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and celery and saute for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add the garlic and chicken and saute, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, carrots, chicken stock, thyme, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the green beans, corn, zucchini, red pepper. cover and cook for 10 minutes.
I wish you well,
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Thanks!
[bctt tweet=”Ready for a nice bowl of gluten-free chicken soup loaded with a lot of vegetables? Then have I got the soup for you.” username=”SandyKQuandt”]