by Sandy Kirby Quandt
This delicious gluten-free slow cooker Sweet Fire Chicken recipe is courtesy of Crème De La Crumb.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold water plus 3 tablespoons corn starch
Add chicken, chopped red peppers, and pineapple to a greased slow cooker.
In a medium bowl whisk together sauce ingredients, except for the 4 tablespoons cold water and corn starch. Pour sauce into the slow cooker and give everything a stir.
Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours.
About 30 minutes before serving, take the lid off the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk together the remaining cold water and corn starch. Set the slow cooker on high and pour the corn starch slurry into the pot. Stir. Then cover and cook another 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
Stir just before serving.
Serve with steamed or fried rice.
I wish you well,
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Thanks!
[bctt tweet=”This delicious gluten-free slow cooker Sweet Fire Chicken recipe is courtesy of Crème De La Crumb. ” username=”SandyKQuandt”]