Full of delicious vegetables, this Gluten-free Calico Chicken Soup Recipe is perfect for a cold winter day. To save time, the vegetables can be minced the night before.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks celery, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (canned chicken works well)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 6 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 small red pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
In a 4 quart stock pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add the garlic and chicken and sauté, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, carrots, chicken stock, ground thyme, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the green beans, corn, zucchini, red pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in the parsley.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!