This delicious gluten-free Cowboy Soup recipe is courtesy of our sweet neighbor. After she shared here soup with Pilot and me, I had to get the recipe to share with you. It is full of vegetables and can be made with ground beef or ground turkey.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour OR 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter
Make a roux with butter, flour OR cornstarch, and milk. Set aside.
- 1 lb ground chuck OR ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red OR green bell pepper, diced
- 1 15 oz can corn kernels, drained and rinsed (Frozen corn can be used instead if you want.)
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t garlic powder
- 3 cups chicken OR beef broth
- 3-4 small potatoes, diced
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large pot, cook meat and onion. Drain and set aside. In same pot, stir together broth, corn, black beans, green chilies, potatoes, cumin and garlic powder.
Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
Add meat back to the pot.
Stir in the roux and the cheeses. Cook on low until cheese melts and soup is thickened.
You can find my February Inspire a Fire post here. Please stop by and read it.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!