In January I participated in a conference for Christian women. Although today I will share several points from Alli Worthington‘s session on How to Partner with God and Stand Strong, which was geared to women, I believe men can also gain insight on how to keep our focus on God.
Below are thoughts I gained from Alli’s workshop, and are in no way word for word Alli. If you’d like to learn more about these points, check out her book, Standing Strong.
- The enemy wants us to focus on why we can’t. God wants us to focus on him–the God who can.
- When we agree with Satan’s lies, instead of what God says about us, we’ll stay stuck and focused on our self.
- Self-doubt is one of the enemy’s most powerful tools. Believe God and shake off the chains of self-doubt.
- Standing strong is about getting out of our own way and tapping into the power of God in a new way.
- God is the source of our real power. He’ll guide us. We’re asked to show up, say yes to his invitation, and do our part of the work.
- Whatever dream is in our heart is there because God chose us to partner with him to accomplish it.
- God gives the skills and talents to fulfill his purposes.
- When we live outside our comfort zone, we have to hold onto the comfort of God.
- Our fear will make us feel insecure. God will make us feel more confident.
- Fear says we can’t. God says he’s able.
- When self-doubt starts to sideline us, remember where our strength comes from.
- What we’re doing for God matters. Satan will take notice and try to take us out with self-doubt.
- Fear and overwhelm is not a sign we’re not supposed to move forward. It’s a sign we’re human.
- Feel the fear and move anyway. Soon that fear will begin to back down.
- Listen to the dreams God’s implanted in your heart no matter how improbable they may seem.
- The God who called us is faithful.
Which of these key points resonates with you the most?
As I see it, the most important thing we can do to help us overcome the things that threaten to sideline us from doing what God calls us to complete, is to keep our focus on him.
Leave a comment below to share your thoughts on the subject. If you think others would appreciate reading this, please share it through the social media buttons.
Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me. John 12:26 (NLT)
You can find my February Inspire a Fire post here. Please stop by and read it.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!