This flavorful gluten-free quick and easy ham and bean soup recipe, courtesy of our friend Marsha, is full of vegetables and serves eight. You can easily reduce the ingredients to make less if desired.
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 cups celery sliced
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic pressed
- 2 quarts water
- 4 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 2-3 medium potatoes cubed
- 2 cups raw carrot peeled and sliced
- 2-3 cups cooked ham chopped or ground
- pepper to taste
- 3 15 oz cans great northern OR navy beans drained and rinsed
Saute onion, celery, and garlic in olive oil until transparent and fragrant.
Add water, bouillon, potatoes, carrots. Simmer until tender. About 30 minutes.
Add drained beans and chopped ham, heat through.
You can find my January Inspire a Fire post here. Please stop by and read it.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!