This gluten-free Caribbean shrimp and rice recipe is fast, easy, filling, and oh so tasty. Perfect for a summer meal.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups rice
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
(If using uncooked shrimp, after tossing shrimp with seasoning, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in large skillet over medium-high. Add shrimp. Cook 2-3 minutes until pink.)
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning OR Old Bay seasoning
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Lime wedges
In a small bowl, mash avocado. Add sour cream and salt until smooth. Refrigerate.
Prepare rice according to package directions.
In a small saucepan, combine beans, pineapple, mango and salsa. Heat through, about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Toss cooked shrimp with seasoning. Add to saucepan. Cook until shrimp are heated through, about 5 minutes.
Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with shrimp mixture and green onions.
Serve with avocado cream and lime wedges.
You can find my August Inspire a Fire post here. Please stop by and read it.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!