This super simple, delicious gluten-free black eyed pea and smoked sausage soup recipe comes courtesy of our friend, Marsha.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces (make sure it is gluten-free)
- 4 (15-oz) cans black eyed peas, drained (It might seem like an awful lot of black eyed peas, but this is black eyed pea soup, after all. 🙂 )
- 1 Tbsp minced onion flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 (10-oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies undrained
- 1 to 2 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice, optional
In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook smoked sausage until lightly browned.
Add black eyed peas, onion flakes, garlic powder, Rotel tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and broth.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve with several spoonfuls of cooked rice on top of the soup.
You can find my February Inspire a Fire post here. Please stop by and read it.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!