by Sandy Kirby Quandt
Here is a delicious gluten-free pumpkin cake recipe with cream cheese added to make it extra moist, just in time for autumn baking.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten-free Bisquick (If you can’t find Gluten-free Bisquick, and use another gluten-free flour instead, add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13X9 inch baking dish. You can use rice flour, or the Gluten-free Bisquick to dust the pan.
In a large mixing bowl, on low speed, mix the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until smooth. Add 2 eggs, pumpkin and 1/3 cup water until well blended.
In another bowl whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and nutmeg. Fold into the butter mixture on low speed until no streaks of flour remain. Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
Beat cream cheese, remaining egg, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar on medium speed until smooth.
Drop cream cheese mixture in evenly spaced 1 tablespoon dollops over the batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the batter, gently folding some of the cream cheese mixture under the pumpkin batter.
Bake until the center springs back when touched. About 30 minutes.
If you think others would appreciate reading this, please share it through the social media buttons.
I wish you well.
Please sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!