These dense gluten free banana oat muffins are a tasty way to start your day.
- 1 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons Gluten Free Quick 1-Minute Oats, uncooked, divided
- 1 Cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 Teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 large)
- 1/2 Cup non-fat milk
- 1/4 Cup vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans, or nuts of your choice
Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or lightly spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups oats, flour blend, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add sugar; blend well.
In small bowl stir together banana, milk, oil and egg.
Add to oat mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in nuts.
Divide batter among muffin cups, about 1/3 cup batter per cup. Sprinkle with remaining oats.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Serve warm.
You can find my May Inspire a Fire post here. Please stop by and read it.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!