Years ago, my cousin, Marilyn, gave me this recipe for Chocolate Pudding Dessert. It is muy delicioso. But not for those counting their calories, unless you want your daily total to come from one serving! It is soooo amazing. It even tastes better the day after it was made, if that’s possible.
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- 1 C gluten-free graham crumbs (I use S’moreables, but if you can’t find any g-f grahams, crushed Corn or Rice Chex cereal is a good substitute.)
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz container of Cool Whip Dessert Topping
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 small boxes chocolate instant pudding
- 2 1/2 C cold milk (It works with whole, 2%, or skim, but whole is best.)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla flavoring
As you can see from the ingredients, this is not a recipe for those trying to lose weight!
Melt margarine or butter in 12X8 Pyrex dish.
(Most of you probably know this, but do not do what I did once, and melt butter in a Pyrex dish over the stove burner. Melt it in the oven while oven is heating. Only the grace of God, and a well-timed phone call from Pie, kept me from having exploding glass and scalding butter blown into my face.)
Add graham crumbs and 1/2 C chopped pecans. Mix and spread to cover bottom of pan. Bake 15 minutes in 300 degree F oven. Let cool.
Blend together until smooth, cream cheese, 1 C Cool Whip, and 1 C sugar. Spread over cooled 1st layer.
Mix pudding, 2 1/2 C milk, and vanilla together. Mix until smooth. Spread over top of 2nd layer.
Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with 1/2 C pecans.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Let me know if you make this.
I wish you well.
Please subscribe to have blog posts delivered every Tuesday and Thursday, by either going to my home page, or scrolling below. Thanks!