by Sandy Kirby Quandt
God is Adonai. Lord and Master. We might know that intellectually, but have we put that truth into practice?
Will we submit to God?
Being under a Lord or Master is probably foreign to most of us, yet that does not excuse us from submitting our will and our lives to God and Jesus.
In studying the names of God, I discovered the word Lord indicates a relationship. Because God is the Creator and we are the created, he has the right to possess us, and expect our total submission to him.
God has the right to expect his children live as he commands us to live. He has the right to expect we follow the example set by his Son. He has the right to expect we treat others with respect and dignity.
There are responsibilities as well as benefits when we submit to God as our Adonai, Lord and Master.
- God provides refuge and is always with us.
- God gives the victory in our battles.
- Jesus redeems us through his blood sacrifice.
- Christ makes us joint heirs with an inheritance in heaven.
- God’s loving kindness is everlasting.
- God supplies what we need to do his will.
- If we call Jesus Lord, then we do what he tells us to do.
- As followers of Christ, we model our lives after his in all things.
- We respect and honor who God is, and serve him accordingly.
- We willingly submit to God.
- We trust God.
- We obey God.
God and Jesus are Lord and Master. We are the servant who seeks to do Adonai’s will.
How is that evident in our life?
Leave a comment below to share your thoughts on the subject. If you think others would appreciate reading this, please share it through the social media buttons.
“Why are you so polite with me, always saying ‘Yes, sir,’ and ‘That’s right, sir,’ but never doing a thing I tell you? These words I speak to you are not mere additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundation words, words to build a life on.” Luke 6:46 (MSG)
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!
[bctt tweet=”God is Adonai. Lord and Master. We might know that intellectually, but have we put that truth into practice? Will we submit to God?” username=”SandyKQuandt”]